If you have recently come into contact with a poison ivy plant and are starting to develop an irritating and uncomfortable rash, here are a few things you can do to prevent the rash from spreading and treat the discomfort.
- Immediately rinse your skin with warm, soapy water
- Wash your clothing and everything that may have come into contact with the plant
- Do not scratch, this can lead to infection
- Consider using a calamine lotion or hydrocortisone cream
- Apply cool compresses to the itchy skin
- Consider taking antihistamine pills
You can stop by AFC Urgent Care Watertown 7 days a week, no appointment necessary, for poison ivy treatments and other acute illnesses or injuries. Our experienced staff will have you feeling better in no time!
Our business hours are weekdays from 8 am to 8 pm and weekdays from 8 am to 5 pm! For more information on what acute injuries and illnesses we treat, call us today at 617-923-2273!