Getting your child involved can be a bit of a hassle. The kids of this day and age are glued to their phones and also want to stay up to date on the latest television shows, make it difficult to get them in tuned with what is going on in the real world.
While you may think it’s a struggle to pull your child back into reality, there are several ways that you can get your child more involved and upbeat.
- Cut their screen time: Limit the amount of time they spent on their mobile devices and the TV and encourage them to get outside, or pick up a book to read.
- Get the entire family involved: Make sure to come up with a variety of activities that’ll get the entire family involved, such as a weekly bike ride, a day in the park, or a family book club.
- Mix it up: Make sure to get them out of a regular routine and try new activities that will encourage them to be active. If your family always goes on bike rides, visit new parks and bike trails to get a change of scenery.
- Get them in the game: Encourage them to be involved in the sports their school offers. Being involved in a sport not only keeps your child physically active, but it also introduces them to disciplinary skills such as time management that carries into adulthood.
- Reward them: One of the best ways to get your child involved is giving them an incentive that there is a prize for their performance.
Sports Physicals in Watertown, MA
If one of the ways you want to get your child more involved is by signing them up for sports, be sure to get them ready for the season by having their sports physical administered at AFC Urgent Care Watertown.
Our walk-in urgent care clinic administers sports physicals seven days a week, no appointment necessary!
Our comprehensive sports physicals include:
- Medical history review
- Complete physical exam
- Update vaccinations
- Referrals to specialists if necessary
For more information about sports physicals or our other urgent care services, please call to speak with one of our medical professionals at 617-923-2273.