Immigration and Green Card Medicals at AFC Watertown
Serving Cambridge, Somerville, Brookline and Greater Boston Areas MA
AFC Watertown offers Immigration Medicals (also known as Green Card Medicals) to immigration applicants in and around Watertown, Cambridge, Somerville, Brookline, Brighton, Waltham, Newton and the greater Boston areas in Massachusetts. The immigration medical exam is a very important step in many long-duration visa/immigration applications and our doctors have been certified as designated civil surgeons by USCIS to conduct these physical exams in our area.
To book a physical call or text us today at
What to expect
A minimum of two visits will be required for an immigration physical exam (per applicant).
Visit 1: The first visit can be scheduled any day of the week and is conducted by a Medical Assistant or a nurse. The purpose of this visit is to review your paperwork and begin some of the medical testing required by USCIS. During this visit, the Medical Assistant will collect all the necessary documentation, review your paperwork and record it on your I-693 form.
Visit 2: The second visit will be with your Civil Surgeon to complete your physical and obtain any necessary immunizations/vaccinations. This is typically done about 7 days after the initial visit, in order to allow for the lab results to come back from your first visit.
Please note that additional visits may be required depending on the Civil Surgeon’s schedule and your test results. When you come to your appointment, please arrive 30 minutes early for paperwork to be filled out and reviewed. During the exam, the Civil Surgeon will review your health history and conduct a full body examination. For females, a female staff member will be present in the room if there is a male Civil Surgeon conducting the physical exam. Once health history is reviewed with the Civil Surgeon, he or she will inform the Medical Assistant to give any further vaccinations, immunizations or blood tests.
Once all reports have been received and reviewed, you will be notified that the documents are ready to be signed.
What you need to bring
Applicants are advised to bring the following to appointments:
- Government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport (if physical is for a child, the child must also have photo ID as well. Parent’s identification documents and relationship documents will not be accepted)
- Vaccine/Immunization records (if records are in a different language they will need to be translated into English): www.uscis.gov/i-693
- Hospital or clinic records if available, including proof of prior treatment for tuberculosis or other infectious diseases
- Prior chest x-rays and/or other diagnostic tests
- Any mental health related records
- Immigration Physical Form I-693 form (you may complete this online or you may fill one out here at the clinic. Please be sure everything is capitalized and in black ink)
- Payment (we accept cash or credit/debit. We do not accept checks)
Cost per applicant (must be paid in full during the first visit)
- Adults (age 15 and over) – $499
- Children (age 14 and under) – $425
All Exams include:
- Physical Examination by Civil Surgeon
- Gonorrhea Test
- RPR (Syphilis) Test
- TB Test (via QuantiFERON Gold)
Please note that depending on circumstances such as your country of birth, travel history and available medical records you may need additional testing and services NOT included in the price above. These services can include:
- Chest X-Ray
- TDAP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis vacccine)
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella vaccine)
- Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Cert. Medical Translation Services
- Flu Vaccine
Prices for all the above services is listed in our pricing page. Please note that without reviewing your medical history and test results we cannot accurately give you the “final price” of your immigration medical exam. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us and we’ll be glad to help you further.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Let us be the first ones to welcome you to USA!
Our clinic is certified to conduct the immigration medical exams required by U.S. immigration law, and our staff has had specific training in how to properly handle your paperwork so your immigration application I-693 is not delayed because of minor clerical mistakes. We understand how important your visa application is and we ensure it is handled with attention to detail!